Google Search

Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring "Minx"

Yesterday I had the opportunity to finally get "minx'd".  I had heard a lot about the process but had never got to experience it myself.  I set up an appointment with my friend "Titilayo" who is ther owner of Visionary Nail Spa located in Camp Springs, MD.  I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect but I knew Titi was going to take care of me...and that she did!!  I hadn't had a manicure since I got out of cosmetology school and when I tell you that I didn't feel not one cuticle nip, scratch or scrape on my skin I was amazed.  I, like most people, am use to going to the asian nail salon where they bend your finger out of it socket, clip you til you bleed and shape your nails how they feel they should be shaped.  It was the complete opposite.  The first thing I noticed was the atmosphere of the area.  I loved the drapes and how comfy the room felt (almost like I was at home).  Then I noticed that she catered to my as a "client" with complimentary water, the bathroom was clean and neat and it just made me feel more comfortable.Once I was finished with the manicure she began the minx process.  To me it reminds me of doing easter eggs with my mom when I was a kid.  You remember how you would wrap the egg in the decorative plastic covering and then dip the egg in hot water to watch the plastic adhere to the egg?  Well the process is similar to that minus the eggs and hot water of course!!  It was fun to watch and see how it would turn out.  Well I love it!!!  With 20 years of nail care experience I wouldn't trust anyone else because good customer service is hard to find.

My Minx Custom Blend: China Glaze Polish (Re-Fresh Mint) & Minx's Star of dawn along with multicolor weave.


Visionary Nail SpaTitilayo Bankole
301-343-4525
www.visionarynailspa.com
Facebook Fan Page: Visionary Nail Spa
- Spa Manicure
- Spa Pedicure
- Acrylic Overlay
- Sculptured Nails
- Gel Nails
- Paraffin Wax Treatment
- Polish Change...and More!

No comments:

Post a Comment