Google Search

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Polish Power



Back when I was living in Maryland I began to see this new nail polish but didn't really pay attention to it because I thought it was just another polish with fun colors that wouldn't last long on my nails. When I moved back to Houston I asked the sales associate about it because she knew about my obsession with nail polish. She didn't know much about it other than the fact that it was suppose to last longer than other nail polishes. I wasn't convinced UNTIL I went to a local hair show here in Galveston. "Venique" had a booth there so I rushed over and asked about it. The nail tech told me that the company had formulated the polish differently. No one else had done this in 20 years. She went on to say that the secret to the polish lasting longer was its base and top coat. They help the polish to last longer than the average nail polish. The deal of the day was 6 polishes for $20 so I was like "sign me up". I tried it out and was surprised that it did last longer than my OPI and ChinaGlaze nail polishes.

Venique is not sold in retail stores but is available in some salon locations. I would definitely carry the polishes at my salon just because they do last longer and they have awesome colors. They have about 50 or more shades and run about $8 (retail). I love the fact that the color you see on the bottle is what you get on your nails. With some Venique colors you only need one coat because the color is opaque and true to color.

When talking to the nail tech at the show I did ask her how it compares to the "shellac" system and she said that it's not damaging to the nails to remove but since it was a nail polish it wouldn't last as long as the shellac and is not as durable. She said that she uses Venique polishes on her clients in between shellac sessions to give their nail beds a break.

Yes I did test the Venique base and top coat with my OPI polish and the polish chipped the next day so they system works together and not with other nail polishes.

More info on Venique can be found at http://www.veniquenail.com/
The silver color in the pictures above is called: Spike-It!
The green color in the picture below is called: Galoshes Glow




No comments:

Post a Comment