Google Search

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Foundation Finds

I am currently on the hunt for my "perfect" foundation. For the last couple of months I have been sampling and testing liquid and cream foundations. Some have met most of my expectations and some didn't. Here are my thoughts.




Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid foundation {SPF 15}
Foundation color: Caramel
Foundation price: $11

I liked the coverage of this foundation {sheer to medium} but found that with my oily skin I was having to touch up my face too often during the day. The foundation was slick on my skin so it would easily transfer onto my hands if I touched my face. Another thing that I liked about this foundation is that it was lightweight on my skin so it could be a foundation I would wear everyday. I think this foundation is better for combination skin and even dry skin. I would consider revisiting the Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation in the winter months when it's not as hot outside.




Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Creme-to-Powder Foundation {SPF 15}
Foundation color: caramel
Foundation price: $11

I also liked the coverage of this foundation {sheer to medium} but had to touch up my face just as often as the liquid foundation. This foundation is that is also lightweight and I could wear everyday but it's probably better for combination skin. I would consider revisiting the Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation in the winter months.





Makeup Forever HD Foundation
Foundation color: 173 & 175
Foundation price: $42

I liked the coverage of this foundation {medium-full coverage}. It worked well with my oily skin without any problems however, it was and still is a challenge with matching my skintone. 173 is a little too yellow and 175 is too red for my complexion. I liked that this foundation is lightweight but can be a full coverage or it could be a foundation I would wear everyday if I blended it down. It's oil-free which is a plus but for the $42 price I would not consider making the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment