Google Search

Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Ultimate Moisturizer






I've struggled with oily skin for the majority of my life. I've used products from Mary Kay, Avon, and even Origins. While not all of them worked, it wasn't a total loss because there were some aspects from each line that were ok. A friend and fellow makeup artist colleague told me one day "stop fighting the oil and use products that help control it". Makes sense now but back then I was more focused on winning the battle. As I've gotten older I've noticed that my skin is not as oily as it use to be and I have come to accept it.
As a makeup artist I look for products for both myself and the client. I always like to try products on myself first so I can see how it feels, moves, and looks and therefore give my honest opinion when using it (or not). A friend/mentor recommended Kiehl's moisturizer to me and I'm now in love. Even with my combination/oily skin it works fabulous for the winter months. This moisturizer is very lightweight and absorbs into the skin just as it says. When I apply foundation on top there is no greasy feeling and it doesn't give a shiny effect in photos.
The price for this moisturizer is a bit high but well worth it. I highly recommend this product. There are other products to cater to other skin types as well so visit your local Kiehl's store or go online at www.kiehls.com

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked that as a professional makeup artist you would find this product to be expensive. I also am shocked that you would trust your skin to Avon and Mary Kay. Maybe it's philosophy that draws me to a company, but it doesn't seem like they're very protective. I am however, glad you found Kiehl's. It's not PCA, Obagi, Eminence, or any of my other favorite companies, but it is protective and great for your skin. Keep researching and trying new things. I think you'll find there are lots of great moisturizers out there that will be great for the summer and winter months, especially for use with makeup! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I find it expensive for the small bottle that I purchased and based on the volume of faces I was trying to apply it to.
      Avon and Mary Kay are both great companies that are true to their brand and don't keep reformulating their products that's why I made that statement. I don't use either in my professional kit. Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!

      Delete